At Equinox Village we view Wellness as the ability and capacity to engage in a purpose-filled and enjoyable life.
Our Wellness & Activity Staff sets out to foster purpose-filled opportunities that bring satisfaction to the lives of those that live and visit here.
Wellness has many dimensions, all of which are available in our community.
Michelangelo at age 87 said, “I’m still learning.”
- Lifelong learning classes
- Cultural, art and performance activities
- Current event discussion groups
- Book Club
- Mah Jong & Bridge instruction
Emotional & Spiritual
“Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter." ~Mark Twain
- Support Groups: Caregiver Group
- Informal circle of friends: Knitting group
- Prayer Group (non-denominational)
- Virtual Church Service
- Yoga & Tai chi
- Meditation & Reflection
"Everyday interactions we have with other people are definitely contagious, in terms of happiness." ~Nicholas A. Christakis
- Clubs and committees: Resident Council, Gardening, Bridge, Teas, Pub Nights
- Family Gatherings
- Group events & Activities
"Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live.” ~John Rohn
- Exercise Classes 5 days/week (balance, strength, flexibility, agility)
- Nutrition (Farm-to-table, nutritious menu options)
- Spa, Massage & Acupuncture
- Fitness Center
- Personal training options
- Walking (indoors & out)
- Vaccine & Foot clinics
Equinox Village believes in residents maintaining their health and remaining independent for as long as possible.
Using the community’s wellness amenities, programs and services is the perfect way to enjoy good health and have fun.
Wellness Amenities Include:
- A Fitness Center featuring treadmills, bikes, recumbent elliptical machine, free weights, kettlebells, cables, stretching table, resistance bands and more.
- Community Rooms for scheduled group fitness classes
- Wellness Room with a large TV for online fitness classes
- Massage Therapist
- Hair Salon
- Transportation to local fitness venues
- Access to a Personal Trainer
- Access to the Wellness Coordinator
Wellness Programs Include:
- Scheduled in-person fitness classes: Stretch & Strength, Yoga (various levels), Tai chi, Get Balance
- Scheduled virtual classes in our Wellness Room
- Regular foot & nail clinics
- Health & Wellness lectures
- Food/Cooking presentations
- Access to hiking, fishing, golf & paddleboard activities
- Lifeline & File of Life Services
Customization is an important part of the Equinox Village philosophy.
The staff Wellness Coordinator is available to consult with residents and their families and to coordinate the use of local health services when necessary. Services include community healthcare professionals, excellent home healthcare providers, regional hospitals and rehabilitation facilities.
If you have needs or wants that aren’t available, our wellness coordinator will work with you to determine best plan of action.
Your friends and family will admire your joie de vivre!
Prospective residents who decide to reside at Equinox Village are asked to place a deposit equal to 10 percent of the entry fee to reserve the apartment of their choice. The deposit is applied to the entry fee when the resident moves to Equinox Village.
Open the Doorway to a New Beginning
We are the premier retirement community you’ve been looking for.
The best way to experience the Equinox Village lifestyle is to schedule a visit and see for yourself why we are so proud of our beautiful setting, and so highly regarded in the community for our unsurpassed service and tradition of excellence.