Website Equinox Village
Your Home. Your Life. Our Pleasure.
Sous Chef Position
Tired of the late nights and high stress environment with no life outside of work? Equinox Village, Manchester, Vermont’s premier retirement community is seeking a Full-Time Sous Chef to join our team (for our on-site restaurant). This is a 40-hour/week position with health and dental benefits. We are a family-owned company with family values. Quality of life outside of work is important, as happy employees means quality.
We are looking for a sous chef with at least basic knife and cooking skills. Experience preferred, but we are willing to train, if needed. There is room for growth in this position.
You may be the right candidate for this job if you:
- Prefer a stable schedule (and being done by 8 p.m. most nights)
- Enjoy preparing beautiful meals
- Are a team player
- Getting to know your customers
- Value a professional appearance
- Meal prep
- Working alongside the Executive Chef in plating and sending out meals
- A few days/nights a week being the lead chef and orchestrating the workings of the kitchen
- Cleaning workspaces
- Putting deliveries away
- Possible interaction with diners
- Working as a team with other dining staff
- Other duties as assigned
The following are Required:
- Weekends and holidays (holiday dining hours are typically 12 – 2 p.m.)
- Lunch and dinner shifts (most days end at 8 p.m.).
- Safety first and high standards
- Be able to pass a background check.
- Be at least 18 years of age with some experience/knowledge
- Reliable transportation to and from work
Compensation and Benefits
- Equinox Village offers competitive pay.
- This is a full-time, year-round position.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
About Equinox Village
Founded in 2006 by two brothers, Equinox Village is still a family-owned and operated independent retirement community in Southern Vermont. There are 56-apartments, some with double occupancy. We serve lunch and dinner everyday, based upon resident demand, six days a week. Sundays we serve brunch only. Lunch begins at noon, ends at 1:30 p.m. and dinner service begins at 5:30 p.m. and ends at 7:30 p.m. Most kitchen staff are able to leave by 8 p.m. most nights. Our residents expect high-end, good tasting meals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equinox Village is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com