Website Equinox Village
Your Home. Your Life. Our Pleasure.
Sous Chef Position
“After a couple of decades of giving my entire life to the industry it’s amazing to have finally found a job where not only can I have a quality of life and no late nights, but I can still feed my passion for the industry” (Current Executive Chef).
- A Full-time job working 32 – 40 hours/week
- Competitive Pay (With a $150 bonus after 3 months of hire)
- Two consecutive days off
- Health & Dental benefits
- Paid Time Off (accrual based, resulting in 2 weeks off/year)
- A set schedule with hours that allow you to have a quality of life outside of work. (Most evenings you could leave around 8 p.m.)
A sous chef with at least basic knife and cooking skills. Experience preferred, but we are willing to train, if needed. There is room for growth in this position.
You may be the right candidate for this job if you:
- Prefer a stable schedule (and being done by 8 p.m. most nights)
- Enjoy preparing beautiful meals
- Are a team player
- Getting to know your customers
- Value a professional appearance
- Meal prep
- Working alongside the Executive Chef in plating and sending out meals
- A few days/nights a week being the lead chef and orchestrating the workings of the kitchen
- Cleaning workspaces
- Putting deliveries away
- Possible interaction with diners
- Working as a team with other dining staff
- Other duties as assigned
The following are Required:
- Weekends and holidays (holiday dining hours are typically 12 – 2 p.m.)
- Lunch and dinner shifts (most days end at 8 p.m.).
- Safety first and high standards
- Be able to pass a background check.
- Be at least 18 years of age with some experience/knowledge
- Reliable transportation to and from work
Compensation and Benefits
- Equinox Village offers competitive pay.
- This is a full-time, year-round position.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
About Equinox Village
Founded in 2006 by two brothers, Equinox Village is still a family-owned and operated independent retirement community in Southern Vermont. There are 56-apartments, some with double occupancy. We serve lunch and dinner everyday, based upon resident demand, six days a week. Sundays we serve brunch only. Lunch begins at noon, ends at 1:30 p.m. and dinner service begins at 5:30 p.m. and ends at 7:30 p.m. Most kitchen staff are able to leave by 8 p.m. most nights. Our residents expect high-end, good tasting meals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equinox Village is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com