Equinox Village is an independent retirement community nestled on 11 pristine acres in Manchester Village, in Southern Vermont. We feature 56 spacious resident apartments that offer an amazing investment, at an uncommon value. Our residents enjoy an active, maintenance free lifestyle that is enriched by events and activities at the village, as well as from within the community.
Summary of Responsibility:
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership of the community and for driving resident satisfaction, team member engagement, financial and operations management. The Executive Director drives revenue and manages expenses through the efficient and effective operations of all departments, addresses strategic challenges, develops a highly functioning community management team and promotes coaching and development for all team members, and ensures that all regulations and performance standards are being met. The Executive Director has discretion regarding the day to day operations of the community.
- Develops and maintains effective relationship and two-way communication with team members, residents and resident family members.
- Manages and improves resident satisfaction.
- Oversees the welcome and transition processes for residents.
- Serves as the community’s Privacy Officer.
People Development and Leadership:
- Builds and leads highly effective team members in a proactive manner.
- Manages and oversees the performance and development of all Equinox Team members.
- Oversees adequate staffing of appropriately trained team members.
- Maintains equitable pay practices.
- Identifies and develops talent for future succession opportunities.
Financial & Operational Performance:
- Assists in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and manages to them.
- Reviews financial results and makes necessary operational adjustments.
- Manages positive vendor relationships.
- Effectively manages all aspects of the community.
Sales & Marketing:
- Leads the sales effort. Conducts tours, negotiates contracts with new residents, maintains sales leads and assists new residents through the move in process.
- Creates and implements a marketing plan to achieve maximum occupancy.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the competition and industry trends.
- Ensures that public relations activities promote a favorable image of the community.
Experience & Education
- A minimum of three years of management experience leading results driven teams with an emphasis on financial and operational performance, customer and team member engagement is required.
- Experience with Independent Living, and/or hospitality experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, marketing, business or a related field of study is required. Master’s degree is a plus.