Chef de Cuisine
Become a Part of Our Team!
Consistent, set schedule
Health & Dental Benefits
Paid Time Off
Quality of Life outside of work!
“After a couple of decades of giving my entire life to the industry it’s amazing to have finally found a job where not only can I have a quality of life and no late nights but I can still feed my passion for the industry”. (Food & Beverage Director)
Equinox Village, Manchester, Vermont’s premier retirement community is seeking a professional Chef de Cuisine for our restaurant. The Chef de Cuisine plays a key role in the delivery of an exceptional experience to residents and visitors to our community. This position reports to the Food & Beverage (F & B) Director and will work closely with him to ensure an upscale dining experience that aligns with our brand promise.
The Chef de Cuisine and F & B Director will work together to set the day-to-day priorities and long-term objectives for Food and Beverage. These will include:
- Standards and operating procedures for staff in the kitchen and restaurant
- Menu development
- Food preparation and presentation
- Resident and community relationships
- Exhibit culinary talents by personally performing day-to-day tasks, producing key menu items, while leading the staff and managing all catering for Equinox Village events.
- Ensure exceptional quality of all ingredients, preparation, and plating of food items.
- Conduct food reviews and recipes of the day; Ensure that clear feedback is provided to the entire kitchen team and food service staff and management.
- Work with the F & B Director on production and control for proper recipe execution and waste management
- Coordinate the selection, training, coaching, development, motivation, and evaluation of kitchen employees to ensure exceptional food quality and presentation for our residents and guests.
- Develop positive relationships with the residents, participate in specialty events, promote food positive public relations, and handle special requests.
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by local, state, and federal Health Department regulations are met, as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and its equipment.
- Assess the need for and report necessary kitchen repairs.
- Monitor and maintain use of safe food handling procedures as well as a safe working environment.
- Assure and/or conduct ongoing training and professional development of kitchen staff.
- Step in for other kitchen staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the F & B Director or Executive Director.
- Qualification from a culinary school and/or 5+ years of experience in a similar position.
- In-depth knowledge of food principles and best practices.
- Passion for creating incredible food. Creative, innovative thinking.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong hands-on leadership skills. Willing to be part of a team and motivator to produce consistently great food.
- Adept at working effectively in high energy and busy environments and works well under pressure.
- Willing and able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Can work on own as well as part of a team.
- Passion for good food, local ingredients, and quality customer experiences
- Must love and enjoy working with food.
- Ability to portion control on a large scale.
- Exceptional standards for cleanliness, health, and safety.
- Experience managing budgets, inventories and stocktaking.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com