Handyman / Handywoman to serve as a Maintenance Assistant
Under the direction of our Maintenance Director
Full Time & Part Time available with flexible schedules.
No regular weekends.
No major holidays.
Will train the right person.
Equinox Village, an independent-living retirement community located in Manchester Center VT, is seeking a Handyman/Handywoman.
This is an entry-level, full or part time position with a schedule that would typically be Monday – Friday, with flexible hours. Pay will commensurate with the entry-level position.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the smooth daily operations of our community. Please note our staff does not provide medical care. Our residents live in their apartments independently – meaning without daily medical care being provided by our staff, which is very different from an assisted living facility or a nursing home.
The Handyman/Handywoman is responsible for completing tasks focused on assisting our residents with minor household tasks from hanging pictures to helping with moving furniture, along with the upkeep of the grounds and building.
Operation of company vehicles will also be required.
- Complete tasks and projects as assigned in a timely manner. These may include minor/light plumbing, electric, painting, maintenance and repair items. A basic working knowledge – or willingness to learn – in each of these areas is needed, including nice neat painting skills.
- Be observant, identifying problems that need attention and reporting them for action.
- Transport residents to and from medical and other local appointments in a timely and safe manner.
- Always makes safety a top priority.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Professional behavior with staff and residents.
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Flexibility to work or be on-call weekends/nights, if needed.
- Must pass a background check.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to needs that arise during the day.
- Willingness to learn and grow.