Transportation and Maintenance Assistant – Part Time (approx 24-30 hours)
Equinox Village, an independent-living retirement community located in Manchester Center VT, is seeking a Transportation and Maintenance Assistant (TMA).
The successful candidate will play a key role in the smooth daily operations of Equinox Village. This is a part time position, which reports to the Regional Maintenance Director (RMD) and takes direction from the local Maintenance Supervisor (MS).
The TMA’s primary responsibility is to fulfill the transportation needs of the community’s residents. Once these needs are met, the MS will assign maintenance tasks for the building and grounds of Equinox Village.
- Ensure residents are on time for medical, service and leisure appointments, and are picked-up for return in a timely manner.
- Transport residents and staff to event venues, remain with the group to provide support, and return everyone safely to the community.
- Keep track of service needs for the community’s vehicles and coordinate service appointments as needed.
- Keep driver’s license in good standing and adhere to all legal driving requirements.
- Complete tasks and projects as assigned in a timely manner. These will include minor/light plumbing, electric, painting, maintenance and repair. A basic working knowledge in each of these areas is needed, including nice, neat painting skills.
- Identify problems that need attention and report the issue to RMD and /or the MS.
- Always makes safety a top priority.
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Flexibility to work or be on-call weekends/nights if needed.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Professional behavior with staff and residents.
- Must pass a background check.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to needs that arise during the day.