By Dr. Jim Russell, Health and Safety Advisor and co-owner of Equinox Village.
The COVID-19 Pandemic is a concern for us all, especially our residents and their families. Since the beginning, we have stayed up-to-date on state and federal guidelines. We continue to take every measure possible to meet those guidelines and keep everyone safe. All the residents and staff know that it takes a team to keep everyone healthy. A team effort is necessary to maintain a safe community for all to live and work.
We Remain Open
Much of the raised level of concern over COVID is directed towards the elderly and those with compromised health. Equinox Village is a retirement community and because of the residential status, we are an essential business. Therefore, we remain open to serve our residents and continue to provide dining service, housekeeping, maintenance and safely conducted tours. Given that we are not a nursing home, we cannot enforce a lockdown. However, we can communicate guidelines and tailor our activities in a way that limits the spread of illness. Currently, extra measures are in place to allow small group gatherings such as Movies, Mah Jong, Bridge, Caregiver Support Group, Prayer Group, Exercise Classes and more. These extra measures include social distancing, mask wearing, additional disinfection practices throughout the common areas and limiting the size of participation in activities.
We are still allowing guests on a case-by-case basis. All staff and guests are screened upon entrance of the building. Guests and staff are asked to wear masks, wash their hands often and remain a safe distance from others (as much as possible).
Notes for Visiting our Community at this Time
- Check with the Vermont State guidelines regarding cross-state travel and quarantining guidelines.
- Anyone traveling from out-of-state, or even “hot spots” within Vermont, should call Equinox Village before visiting.
- Face masks are required.
- Enter through the Main Lobby. As an extra precaution we are screening visitors by taking a forehead temperature reading and asking a series of questions before entry.
- All guests should keep the recommended six feet of separation when visiting.
- Please try to limit your time in common areas.
We’re Working to Protect YOU
We continue to remind and educate our residents and staff on the latest recommendations and guidelines. To further protect our residents we continue to offer:
- Complimentary meal delivery service.
- In-person dining with a reservation.
- Complimentary grocery shopping service.
- Curbside pick-up at some local businesses.
- Prescriptions are delivered Monday – Friday by The Pharmacy-Northshire.
- Transportation to and from medical, and other, appointments.
- Disinfection of delivered packages.
- Reusable face masks for those needing one.
At Equinox Village providing resident safety and health is top-of mind. We are committed to practices that allow our residents to remain active.
We are, and remain, stronger together.