Dear Equinox Village Residents,
As you may be aware, there is a rapidly increasing number of COVID-19 confirmed cases nationally and in Vermont. We want to assure residents, family members, staff and local community members that we are taking this seriously and are doing our very best to keep it out of Equinox Village. Through the diligence and cooperation of the staff and residents, we are all working hard to protect our community.
First, we want to thank our residents for taking the social distancing and need for isolation so seriously. We know how challenging this is, especially because so many residents treasure social interaction. Please stay vigilant in your efforts to protect yourself and others in our community. We will return to normal activities as soon as safely possible.
Secondly, we want to thank the staff for daily reassessing if we are on track with procedures and safety measures. All of the Equinox Village staff are committed to the safety and well-being of the residents. We are working diligently to be proactive.
Sadly, COVID-19 has yet to peak in our area. We all need to maintain, and maybe even increase our efforts. Please stay on alert, continue socially distancing and stay isolated to home, except for absolutely necessary appointments. Though we cannot force people to avoid going out in public, we are strongly advising that you stay home. We care about the well-being of all that live and work here!
Here is a reminder of what we are currently offering or doing for resident safety. If you are not yet taking advantage of some of these complimentary services, we urge you to do so immediately.
- Complimentary continental breakfast delivery
- Complimentary meal delivery
- Complimentary grocery shopping
- Residents are being asked to not spend time in common areas or congregate in any size group.
- Any resident that travels or goes to the hospital will be asked to stay in their apartment for the advised minimum of two weeks.
- Visitors are limited to only those absolutely necessary. Any essential visitor must pass a set of questions and sign in/out. In the near future they may be required to take their temperature before entering the building.
- All staff are being required to pass those same screening questions and sign in/out. They, too, will soon be required to take their temperature before beginning to work.
- All packages are being left between the two sets of main doors. They are disinfected before being brought into the building.
- All pharmacy deliveries are being signed for at the front entrance and items are disinfected before being brought to a resident.
- Housekeeping will now be done by a single housekeeper, rather than the standard pair. Residents are encouraged to leave their apartment or to stay in a separate room while their apartment is being cleaned.
Thank you again for your assistance and cooperation in maintaining our safety during these challenging times. We all appreciate each other and look forward to getting over this remarkable hurdle.
Stay safe and be well.